Vigantol oil 10 ml made by Merck
A very effective form of Vitamin D hormone supplement (cholecalciferol). Low levels of Vitamin D have been described to be associated with a higher risk of developing Multiple Sclerosis (MS), and it is known that up to 90% of patients with Multiple Sclerosis have Vitamin D deficiency.
20000 IU cholecalciferol (vitamin D3) in each ml (40 drops)
Vitamin D3 is the form of vitamin D called cholecalciferol. Cholecalciferol is the most widely known of the vitamin D series and is a fat soluble vitamin that is stored to some degree in the body. It is used as a dietary supplement, for the treatment of vitamin D deficiency.
VIGANTOL WHAT IS AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR ?
Vigantol a vitamin preparation : Vigantol contain Cholecalciferol (corresponding to vitamin D3).
Vigantol be used:
- Prevention of rickets in infants
- Prevention of suspected risk of a disease caused by a deficiency of vitamin D
- Prevention of symptoms of deficiency in malabsorption syndrome , e. due to chronic bowel disease , cirrhosis of the liver , large slice of the gastrointestinal tract
- Treatment of rickets and osteomalacia induced by vitamin D deficiency
- Maintenance treatment of osteoporosis
- Treatment of hypoparathyroidism and psevdohipo - paratireoidizam
2 . BEFORE YOU TAKE VIGANTOL
Do not take Vigantol
- If you are allergic ( hypersensitive) to cholest - calciferol or any of the other ingredients of Vigantol ;
- If you have hypercalcemia ( increased concentration of calcium in the blood) ;
- If you have hypercalciuria ( increased concentration of calcium in the urine) ;
- In the case of the formation of kidney stone formation , or data for them in the past;
- In case of disease sarcoidosis .
Take special care with Vigantol
- With an increased content of calcium in the blood and / or urine ;
- Treatment with benzothiadiazine derivatives ( drugs which stimulate the release of urine ) ;
- During pregnancy ;
- If you have sarcoidosis, because there is a risk of increased absorption of vitamin D3 and its active form . In this case you need to track the level of calcium in the blood and urine.
In patients with reduced renal function, leading to the occurrence of kidney stones, have to be monitored at the level of calcium in the blood and urine.
Using other medicines
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
- Phenytoin ( for epilepsy ) and barbiturates (for the treatment of epilepsy and insomnia , as well as for anesthesia ) can reduce the effect of the vitamin . 03.
- Concomitant use of glucocorticoids can reduce the effect of vit . D3.
- Concomitant use with cardiac glycosides nucleosides (stimulating the heart muscle ) may increase their toxicity due to the elevated levels of calcium in the blood GP nd these patients cardiac function should be monitored by ECG and to investigate the level of calcium in the blood and urine.
- Concomitant use of thiazide diuretics (eg derivatives of benzothiadiazine ) used to stimulate the flow of urine , may increase the risk of hypercalcemia (increased concentration of calcium in the blood). Therefore, prolonged treatment should be monitored levels of calcium in the blood and urine.
- If the prescribed other preparations containing vitamin D3 must be taken into account the dose of vitamin D3 in Vigantol . Additional vitamin 0 or calcium should be done only under medical supervision. In these cases, you must monitor the level of calcium in the blood and urine.
Pregnancy and lactation
Consult your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medication .
During pregnancy Vigantol should be given only under strict symptoms and dosed as required to eliminate the deficit . During pregnancy, should avoid prolonged overdose of vitamin D, as this may result in hypercalcemia ( elevated concentration of calcium in the blood) , which in turn may lead to mental and physical disabilities , as well as congenital heart diseases child.
Vitamin D and its products pass the milk. Not observed overdoses in infants.
Driving and using machines
It is not necessary to take any special precautions.
3 . How to take VIGANTOL ?
Always take Vigantol exactly as your doctor tells you . If you are unsure about anything, ask Your doctor or pharmacist.
Unless otherwise indicated , the usual dose is:
- Prevention of rickets in infants: 1 drop daily Vigantol (approximately 667 IU vitamin D3), premature infants: 2 drops daily Vigantol (approximately 1334 IU vitamin D3)
Infants receive Vigantol the second week after birth until the end of their first year. Recommended additional doses Vigantol the second year of their birth , especially during the winter months.
Drops given with a spoonful of milk or food. If the drops are added to the bottle or spoon food, care should be taken food to be consumed completely , as otherwise it will be assumed the full dose .
- Treatment of rickets and osteomalacia induced by deficiency of vitamin D:
2-8 drops daily Vigantol about 1534-5336 IU of vitamin D3). Treatment should continue for one year.
- Maintenance treatment of osteoporosis : 2-5 drops daily Vigantol (approximately 1334-3335 IU vitamin D3).
- Prevention assuming a risk of vitamin A deficiency disease: 1-2 drops daily Vigantol (approximately 667-1334 IU vitamin
- Prevention of malabsorption : 5-8 drops daily Vigantol (equivalent to 3335-5336 IU of vitamin 03).
- Treatment of hypoparathyroidism and psevdohipo - paratireoidizam : the recommended doses of 10 000 to 200 000 IU vitamin 0 daily. Depending on the serum calcium levels , the daily dose is 15-30 drops (equivalent to 10005-20010 IU of vitamin D3). Ake - ee require - Yae - viseki doses , it is recommended to implement forms with higher doses. Calcium levels in the blood and the urine must be checked at any initial 4-6 weeks, and then every 3-6 months, the dose may be adjusted to these levels.
If you take more dose Vigantol
Prolonged overdose of vitamin D may give rise to a risk of hypercalcemia (increased calcium concentration in blood) and hypercalciuria ( high concentration of calcium in the urine) .
If overdose occurs syndrome hypercalcemia ( increased concentration of calcium in the blood) , and later the release of calcium in tissues and primarily in the kidneys ( kidney stones and kidney calcium formations ) and vessels .
Symptoms of overdose are not very characteristic and consist of nausea , vomiting, constipation ( constipation ), loss of appetite, fatigue, headache , muscle and joint pain , muscle weakness , and persistent drowsiness, adinamiya ( reduced motor adinamiya ) increased thirst and increased urination, dehydration (dehydration ) . Typical laboratory findings are hypercalcemia (increased concentration of calcium in the blood) and hypercalciuria ( increased concentration of calcium in the urine) , and elevated serum 25 - hidroksikaltsiferol .
If overdose is taken to treat the often long and in certain circumstances dangerous hypercalcemia (increased concentration of calcium in the blood).
Depending on the degree of hypercalcemia may be adopted after the planned measures, listed in ascending order:
- Diet low in calcium or diet excluding calcium
- Fluid intake
- Enhancing diuresis
4 . POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines Vigantol can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them .
Adverse reactions to vitamin D develop as a result of hypercalcemia after overdose.
Depending on the dose and duration of treatment can be observed severe and prolonged hypercalcemia ( increased concentration of calcium in the blood) with its sharp (failure of the heart , nausea, gyuvrashtane , psychological symptoms , impaired consciousness) and chronic complications ( increased excretion urine - polyuria, increased thirst - polydipsia , anorexia , weight loss , formation of kidney stones, nephrocalcinosis , calcification izvankosgna ) . In isolated cases, their conduct is described as fatal.
In psevdohipoparatireodizam should pay particular attention to the signs of intoxication and given that possible phases of normal sensitivity to vitamin D, so that the requirement is reduced accordingly .
If any of the side effects gets serious, or you notice other effects not listed in this leaflet , please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Keep out of reach of children.
Store in the carton to protect from light.